Before ordering any piece of furniture, it is very important to check the spaces that a product is supposed to fit into.
For example, once you select a product and have noted down its size, make sure of the following:
- Check the size of your house’s entryway door, and whether the piece you order will go through it, either horizontally or vertically.
- Check the size of your stairs (whether said product can be transported up a certain staircase).
- Check the sizes of any elevators in your apartment building or in your home.
- Check the sizes of your room doors.
- Finally, check the size of the space you actually need to place the product in.
A lot of our furniture is knockdown, meaning that a particular product can be packed as separate pieces, which then have to be assembled on site. This makes it easier for you to carry that product from one place to another in your home.
Check our product descriptions for whether a furniture piece is knockdown or a single unit.
Kindly note that Savana Living will not be liable if the product/products ordered do not fit into your entryways or designated spaces; we have tried to ensure in the instructions above that every customer measures their spaces thoroughly before placing their orders.
- Upon receipt of your goods, kindly ensure that any person unloading the furniture or opening the packages in your home is wearing gloves, or has clean hands. Savana Living does not provide people who can unload products and set them up in your home. We recommend you hire your own labour/help in this regard. The transport company or Savana Living are not responsible for any damages once products have been safely delivered to your doorstep.
Your wooden product breathes. It is important to understand that wood is a material that contracts and expands from season to season, because of changes in humidity and temperature. Therefore, tightening of doors and drawers is not a reason to worry. The wood takes its time to settle down and gradually, the stiffness reduces in intensity. If in case the stiffness becomes heightened, we recommend you call your professional carpenter to apply wax to the tightened areas. We also suggest that you do not place products in areas that have extreme temperatures - too hot or too cold.
Every piece comes with its unique wood grains, shading, knots and medullary rays. These features on a product are a result of the nature of wood, and should not be construed as faults in the wood. They add to the natural and pure beauty of a wooden product. Cherish these.
- These pieces of furniture are completely handmade, handpainted and handfinished. Minor differences in size, colour, as well as small cracks and spots in the finish may occur.
- Do not expose to sunlight for extended periods of time. If kept outdoors, make sure the product is under a shelter or in a patio. Exposure to rainfall is not recommended.
- In case of any spillage or stains, immediately wipe with a clean, slightly damp cloth.
- Kindly ensure that the product, its hinges and drawer channels are dusted with a dry cloth regularly. This in turn will ensure product longevity.
- Take care to place your products lightly on the floor, and not do so with a thud or a jerk. This ensures not only the strength of your product's legs or base, but also the protection of your flooring.
- Leaning backwards on the two legs of a chair will weaken joints.
- Take care to prevent sharp objects such as toys, buckles and heels from coming into contact with your furniture.
- Avoid contact with any chemicals such as hair or makeup products, perfume, nailpaint remover, etc., as these may affect the finish.
- If your furniture becomes stained, scratched or chipped or suffers other damage we recommend professional help is sought to restore it.
- It is essential that your furniture is positioned on a level surface to ensure that the doors hang correctly and open smoothly.
- Take care when moving products. We recommend they are lifted by two or more persons, as dragging items across the floor will cause damage to the joints.
- Large items which are assembled on site from multiple sections should be disassembled before relocation to a new position. Self assembly items should be assembled at the intended location and lifted carefully into position.
- Following the guidelines above will ensure product performance is maintained. Savana Living is not responsible for defects caused by the misuse of your product.
At Savana Living, we strive to produce high quality furniture that is durable and can last you a long time. We conduct thorough quality checks at our factory outlet before dispatching any goods for delivery. From our end, we try our very best to give you a product that exceeds your expectations.
However, in the unlikely event that a product turns out to be defective, damaged or incorrectly delivered (incorrect style, size, color, quantity, functioning), upon receipt, we encourage you to contact us immediately at email@example.com or call us at 0141 2281311, 2281313. We do not accept refund/replacement claims if it has been 15 days since you received the product. Therefore, please open and check the goods when you receive them.
Once you inform us about any issues, our quality control team will evaluate and then initiate a replacement on the same. We will arrange for the pick-up and will replace the older product with a new one. We apologise in advance for any issues you might face, and look forward to helping you replace your items at the earliest.
Only regular priced items may be refunded. Unfortunately, sale items cannot be refunded replaced.
We require a period of 4-6 weeks to manufacture and deliver orders. For any pieces that are in stock, we require a period of 1-2 weeks to deliver the products. Customers will be updated on the order delivery time period once they confirm their order. If you would like to know how much time it will take for Savana Living to manufacture and send your products before you place the order, kindly write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide free shipping for all our products to most major cities in India. However, if your delivery location is a smaller town, kindly write to us at email@example.com. Please send us your delivery address and pincode so that we can go through the shipping details for you.
Once an order is ready to be dispatched, you will be notified via email. Consequently, a notification will also be sent when the order has been dispatched for your location. Our courier partner will get in touch with you when your order is out for delivery, and you can set a mutually agreeable time to receive the goods.
Kindly note that our courier partner - essentially the driver who delivers your goods - is a third party operator. Their primary and only job is to deliver the goods safely to you. However, it is not their responsibility to bring the goods inside your house or upto a higher floor (in case of an apartment building). We request you to kindly arrange your own labour/help to unload the goods, carry the products into your home, unpack the packages and set them up at their designated places.